Compensation and Refunds
Delayed flight: compensation
Delayed flight: compensation for your employer
According to Montreal Convention, the employer can claim compensation from the airline, for example the cost of lost working hours or lost turnover. Unlike compensation for flight delays, there are no fixed amounts for such claims. Therefore, it’s advisable to consult a lawyer.
Flight cancellation: compensation
Flight delay compensation: how to act correctly
- Have your delay confirmed by the airline at the respective counter at the airport.
- Hold on to your flight ticket and boarding pass and keep all invoices for costs incurred due to your delay, such as food and drinks. If necessary, you can have these reimbursed.
- If necessary, exchange contact details with other passengers. If you have any problems with the refund or if legal action is necessary, you can exchange information with each other.
- Document the course of the flight delay. Pay particular attention to the exact time of the flight: How long was the delay? When were you informed? When exactly did you reach your destination?
EU Air Passenger Rights Regulation: when does it (not) apply?
Please note, however, that the EU Passenger Rights Regulation does not oblige airlines to pay compensation for every flight delay. You are not entitled to compensation for flight delays caused by unusual circumstances, such as work strikes or natural disasters.
This may also interest you.
Airport Transfer in Frankfurt, Munich, Hamburg & Berlin
Fly in or out of these hubs and long waits could be an altogether more pleasant experience
Check out our business travel offers
- ACCORHOTELS BUSINESS OFFER Receive your negotiated rates by booking in your preferred hotels from our network of over 3,500 worldwide!
- BUSINESS PLUS MULTI-BRAND CARD This flexible offer is tailored to individual travellers as well as companies and offers up to 20% discount on hotel nights worldwide.
- CORPORATE CONTRACTS Customised contracts! Select your preferred destinations and hotels and we will offer you an annual contract with specially negotiated terms and rates.