Managers & Travellers: how should you be managing your company's or your own business trips?
- 58% use the company's reservation portal
- 27% use one or more flight/train reservation websites
- 15% use airline applications
- 14% use one or more websites providing information on their destination (TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.)
The majority of business travellers from large companies opt for the technology provided by SBTs (Self Booking Tools), whereas employees in SMEs and small and medium-sized industries tend to use consumer tools like TripAdvisor. As these tools continue to evolve, the line between business and leisure travel reservation systems is increasingly blurred This raises the question as to what small businesses have to gain from going through a Travel Management Company (TMC) or from hiring a travel manager, as well as the issue of the ever-expanding concept of open booking. Indeed, according to the 2018 FCM barometer, 51% of business travellers see their company's travel policy as limiting and restrictive, whilst the new generation of internet-savvy travellers can feel as though they are being squeezed into overly cost-centric travel plans with little regard for the human factor. The stress and fatigue brought on by travelling can leave employees feeling nothing but demotivated, which in the end will cost the company. The company therefore has a vested interest in motivating its troops through the use of HR solutions to give teams a much-needed boost.
Micro-enterprises and SMEs: The travel manager or TMC dilemma What is the best, most cost-effective and financially viable solution for small companies to manage business trips?
Should travel managers be fighting the open booking phenomenon? Should employees be stopped from venturing outside your company's travel policy?
How can you keep your business traveller troops motivated? HR tips on how to cultivate a spirit of rivalry and increase the added value of your company.
This may also interest you.
Business travel represents a large part of expenditure, making it a daunting challenge for small and medium-sized companies.
As a substantial cost center, employee business trips are often unavoidable, so it is crucial to know how to take full advantage of this form of expenditure for everyone's well-being.
Check out our business travel offers
- ACCORHOTELS BUSINESS OFFER Receive your negotiated rates by booking in your preferred hotels from our network of over 3,500 worldwide!
- BUSINESS PLUS MULTI-BRAND CARD This flexible offer is tailored to individual travellers as well as companies and offers up to 20% discount on hotel nights worldwide.
- CORPORATE CONTRACTS Customised contracts! Select your preferred destinations and hotels and we will offer you an annual contract with specially negotiated terms and rates.