Munich After Work
A Perfect Way to End the Day
The after-work trend originated in New York City and was initially addressed to the young crowd working in startup companies. At an after-work event, there’s no dress code: People usually meet there right after work, so most guests wear casual business outfits and do not change beforehand.
Meanwhile, a wide variety of after-work lounges and after-work bars can be found in German cities as well – with the Bavarian capital being no exception. Munich is much more than just a popular destination for a city break, it also has a lot to offer for business people. We did some research – and put together some of the most fashionable after-work locations in Munich for you.
Munich after work: public spaces
- Gärtnerplatz: For many Munich-based employees, the benches and lawn areas between colourful flower beds are the perfect place to spend their lunch hour – or to enjoy an after-work beer.
- Reichenbachbrücke: The Reichenbachbrücke runs over the river Isar and is only a stone’s throw away from the Gärtnerplatz. Sitting down on the river banks and enjoying a sundowner with friends and colleagues almost feels like spending an evening on the beach …
- Glockenbachviertel: Munich’s most vibrant district is characterised by a large number of small bars and night clubs – a perfect starting point for an after-work club tour!
- Flaucher: A long work day has left you hungry? Grab a portable grill and make your way to the Flaucher. Here, on the gravel banks bordering the Isar, barbecuing is allowed throughout the entire summer season.
- Englischer Garten: Munich’s Englischer Garten is one of the world’s largest urban public parks and offers enough space for any kind of evening activity: Enjoy a hearty picnic, surf the famous Eisbach wave or just lie down on the lawn to relax in the evening sun.
Munich after work: beer gardens
- Hirschgarten, Biergarten am Viktualienmarkt and Augustiner Keller – these classics are still worth a visit. Watch the vibrant mixed crowd of all ages and forget all about the stress of everyday worklife.
- Muffatbiergarten: This ecologically certified beer garden close to the river Isar offers traditional as well as vegetarian dishes. Try the home-made potato salad – and if you would like to extend the after-work party, you don’t need to go far: The adjoining Muffatwerk is a famous concert venue.
- Nachtbiergarten im Backstage: If you prefer unconventional locations, you should pay this place a visit. You can even bring your own meat – there are barbecue grills set up. Enjoy a relaxed get-together and – if you’re in the mood – stay for some dancing: There’s an after-work party every Thursday.
Munich after work: bars and lounges
If you’re uncomfortable with heights, you can also find special venues on ground level. The Goldene Bar in Munich’s Haus der Kunst with its shimmering murals, lustrous chandeliers and signature cocktails puts a golden touch to your evening.
Discover more go-to locations for after-work meetings in Munich
- Hoiz Weinbistro
- Drunken Dragon
- Grapes Weinbar
- Bar Centrale
- Heart Munich
- La Boheme
Munich after work – a trend for everyone
This may also interest you.
See how Millennials' expectations and lifestyles are gradually changing the concept of business travel
Check out our business travel offers
- ACCORHOTELS BUSINESS OFFER Receive your negotiated rates by booking in your preferred hotels from our network of over 3,500 worldwide!
- BUSINESS PLUS MULTI-BRAND CARD This flexible offer is tailored to individual travellers as well as companies and offers up to 20% discount on hotel nights worldwide.
- CORPORATE CONTRACTS Customised contracts! Select your preferred destinations and hotels and we will offer you an annual contract with specially negotiated terms and rates.