Discover New York in three days
Explore the most unmissable sights of the Big Apple in just 3 days
< Back on Travel Style Blog< Back on Travel Style Blog
On a three-day business trip to New York? You'll probably want to spend any free time exploring this enigmatic city. Whether you choose to do this early in the morning before your meetings or at the end of a hard day’s work, here are a few options which will guarantee you a juicy bite of the Big Apple.
At the break of dawn
- Go for a strollThere’s nothing better than a stroll through lush greenery to get the day off to a good start.- The High Line is open from 7:00am. It's an elevated park built on a former freight rail line and it offers a superb view of the Chelsea neighbourhood. A number of activities are on offer here including Pilates, meditation and yoga. Round off your stroll with breakfast at Chelsea Market (7:00am-9:00pm), located next to the High Line.- Central Park is always buzzing, whatever the time of day. Why not go for a morning jog, take a stroll or enjoy a picnic breakfast while watching the world go by?- Crossing Brooklyn Bridge is another option. It connects Manhattan and Brooklyn and offers a magnificent view of New York’s skyscrapers.
- Eat and drink like a New YorkerSkip the hotel restaurant and break your fast like a real New-Yorker. The best way to do this is to avoid large chains. Drop into a Café Grumpy, which offers freshly ground coffee, or a Blue Bottle coffee shop. You'll find one in each neighbourhood. The branch in Chelsea comes highly recommended: a haven of peace among the trees.
- New York: culture from the moment you wake upAll museums open around 10:00am. But it's possible to visit the Met at 8:30am before it opens, as long as you can grab a spot on the ‘EmptyMet’ guided tour. The Natural History Museum, one of the most beautiful museums in the city, also offers this option. But these are coveted activities so it's best to book in advance. You can do this through multiple operator websites.
In the evening, after your meetings
Taken care of business? Loosen your tie and take to the skies. New York awaits!
- Take to the skies:- The city’s most famous skyscrapers are open late (around 2:00am). Both the Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Center offer breathtaking views of the city at night. Opt for a CityPass so you can jump the queues.- If you fancy a tipple high above the busy streets, keep your suit on and head for a cocktail on one of the city’s numerous chic rooftops. Upstairs at the Kimberly overlooks the Chrysler Building, and it’s open until 2:00am on Thursdays and Fridays. B54, on the 54th floor of the Hyatt Times Square, is the highest rooftop bar in the city. Le Bain in the trendy Meatpacking District is an ideal place to chill out. "
- It's never too late for culture:- If museums open late, they often close early. But the Met stays open until 9:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and the Whitney Museum will welcome you until 10:00pm. The latter offers a fine collection of contemporary art which features many of Jeff Koons’ works.- The ‘Harbor Lights’ night cruise offers a spectacular view of the commanding Statue of Liberty and the illuminated skyline. Departure is at 7:00pm.- You could also take in a Broadway show. Take your pick from around a hundred iconic titles every year: The Lion King, Hair, Mamma Mia etc.Parks, cafés and rooftops are in ready supply to help you soak up the New York buzz in short spaces of time. Use them to add a little Big Apple sparkle to your downtime between business meetings.
Check out our business travel offers
- ACCORHOTELS BUSINESS OFFER Receive your negotiated rates by booking in your preferred hotels from our network of over 3,500 worldwide!
- BUSINESS PLUS MULTI-BRAND CARD This flexible offer is tailored to individual travellers as well as companies and offers up to 20% discount on hotel nights worldwide.
- CORPORATE CONTRACTS Customised contracts! Select your preferred destinations and hotels and we will offer you an annual contract with specially negotiated terms and rates.